The temperature is perfect year-round. The people are kind. The scenery is amazing. Lots of things to do. Modern furnishings and a large flat-screen TV. Fast and reliable Wifi and Internet access. King bed in the master bedroom and a queen in the second bedroom … perfect for 2 couples or a small family. Original local art everywhere. Nothing phony or fake. Spectacular Chef’s Kitchen. Island seating.
Dominican Republic Vacations | Affordable Luxury
Built by developers with an eye for superior guest experiences and property drawing from their career managing high-end cruise ship operations. Moonshadow combines great quality construction, a gated community, special amenities, guest convenience, and super friendly staff. There is even a glass elevator that brings you directly to your apartment and rooftop – so anyone with mobility issues will have no problem. Pop down for a dip in the pool and enjoy a sandwich or drink at the snack bar. Or enjoy dining on the roof deck with seating for 6 and enough room for a small party or wedding of 20-25.
Beach Vacations DR | Perfect for 1-2 Couples or a Family
Whether it is a romantic getaway or a family vacation, you will find everything you could desire. You can easily walk to the exotic beaches of Encuentro where you can find secluded areas on the beach or under the natural canopy. Enjoy even just watching the finest local surfing experts or sitting at a shaded beachside shack serving real Pina Coladas and other delightful drinks.
If you enjoyed Mooncottages in the US Virgin Islands you will love Moonshadow.
Dominican Republic Vacation Excursions | Great & Varied
We can arrange a wide array of great excursions. Enjoy the 27 waterfalls hike or visit an immersive experience at the monkey jungle reserve. Try an ATV excursion or a river trip ending in a visit to a beachside restaurant with exquisite food at beach shack prices. Golf at some of the best courses in the Caribbean, some say the best in the world. Experience the island as it was when Christopher Columbus landed here in Hispaniola in 1492.
Loads of amenities and excursions are available. We can stock your refrigerator and liquor cabinet to your order prior to your arrival. We can arrange private airport pickup that lets you sit at the bar while your bags are collected and brought through customs for you. In-room private massage, daily turn-down services, and more can be arranged for reasonable prices.
From the people you know and trust. Welcome to Moonshadow. Your new Caribbean Boutique “home away from home.” View our rental agreement.
1. Taxes: The Hotel Taxes here are 18%
2. Travel Insurance: We highly recommend Trip Cancellation Insurance for any unexpected problems such as family emergencies or rare severe weather-related problems. We cannot be held responsible for refunds to these or other like occurrences. We will help you with a recommendation.
3. Rental Agreement: You must sign our standard rental agreement and liability waiver. Once you book, we will send you our standard terms and conditions via DocuSign for your endorsement. We will require your name, physical address, email, and phone number.
4. Satisfaction: We like to speak to our guests in person on the phone before we book Mooncottage. This is often not possible due to wholesalers’ rules and regulations. Therefore, if for any reason you are not comfortable with anything once we DO speak on the phone, we will do our utmost to find a solution. Please note that our Rental Agreement and Liability Waiver will supersede any prior agreements if your reservation was made through a wholesaler or travel agent.
5. Our most happy guests unusually stay for 7-14 nights, 4-5 night stays are available with an additional short-stay surcharge of $250.
6. You will have access to the entire apartment for yourself.
7. We recommend professional drivers. And not to rent a car. We have many to choose from.
8. Rentals falling on or around Thanksgiving,(+10% ) Christmas, and New Year (+15%) may be reflected in your automated online quotation.
9. We will answer all questions via text on any wholesaler’s message portal and respect them as our partners. Still, we really like to speak to our guests personally on the phone before they book to ensure they understand everything about the villa, the locale, and the D.R. in general. After booking, we work closely with our guests to ensure a flawless vacation and help you with general information.
10. Yet, I am the only Brian Vandenbroucke in the United States, so I am easy to find. M-o-o-n-co-t-t-a-g-e